Job Title: Event Marketing Manager
American Institute for Economic Research educates Americans on the value of personal freedom, free enterprise, property rights, limited government and sound money. AIER’s ongoing scientific research demonstrates the importance of these principles in advancing peace, prosperity and human progress.The primary goal for all AIER programs is facilitate the dissemination of economic research and engage everyday people in the ideas relating the mission. These programs occur both on AIERs campus and at various local groups and conferences. The secondary purpose of these programs is to generate meaningful feedback to improve research and develop dynamic educational content.
The Event Marketing Manager shall assist the programs team in planning, marketing, and reporting on all AIER-led and AIER-sponsored events and conferences. Our ideal candidate should be independent, thrive under pressure, have a passion for event planning and logistics, and have a personal dedication to AIER’s mission.
Location: Remote (Northeast preferred)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and manage the planning and execution of events of various size and scale
- Support local volunteers in marketing their events via email and social media
- Create and manage an internal speaker bureau
- Manage a global events calendar
- Work with staff and AIER scholars to create event agendas which meets academic and engagement objectives
- Develop and manage planning tools; i.e. budget tracking, project timeline, production schedules, event requirements, agendas, etc.
- Lead creation of event communications and promotion to drive meaningful attendance
- Track budget costs throughout the course of all projects and communicate changes that effect budget
- Assist the Director of Programs and Development Director in assessing program outcomes
- Reconcile budgets and lead internal and external project debriefs
- Work closely with the Director of Programs, staff members, and scholars to manage internal processes and deliver seamless event plans for academic program and conferences
- Analyze event feedback and engagement statistics, and take necessary action to improve
- Be a team player that is willing to build out and manage processes internally and cross functionally that will ensure the success of our events with our global production partners.
- Represent AIER and its programs at industry conferences
- Other duties as assigned
The position requires travel for conferences and events. Approximately 10% travel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor´s (BA/BS) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of event management and planning experience;
- Strong competencies: attendee experience focus, accountability for results, team effectiveness.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence;
- Strong project management and decision-making skills;
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to see the big picture as well as have a strong attention to detail;
- Possess a strong teamwork ethic; must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and efficiently on multiple projects;
- Flexible work schedules and the willingness to travel (including potential evening and weekend work);
- Motivated, positive, and results-oriented;
- Excellent computer skills: familiar with Microsoft Office suite, email marketing services, social networking sites;
- Non-profit industry experience is preferred but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift and transport program materials (up to 20 pounds) within the office environment as well as to event sites; remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; frequently move around the office and between offices; constantly operate a computer and computer printer; frequently adjust focus for close vision work. The employee must be able to communicate both in writing and orally to various audiences, in person, by telephone and video.
The employee will work in a private or shared office environment. Domestic and international travel will be required. The employee must have a capacity to participate in setting up events and provide general support to other team members.
To apply, write Brad Devos, Director of Programs: brad.devos[at]aier[dot]org