Chapters in “good standing” qualify for funding to host local events and educational activities. Qualifying domestic chapters receive $3000 and international chapters receive $1500. These annual grants increase by $500 each consecutive year a chapter qualifies for funding.
How to Qualify for Program Funding
To qualify for an annual grant, a chapter must be in “good standing” by remaining active and remain in close communication with program staff. Specifically, your chapter must:
- Host at least six (6) events in a 12-months period with at least 15 attendees per event.
- Maintain close contact with AIER and Program staff. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Notify event staff of all upcoming events via email or via the website in advance of any event. To notify staff via the website, click “Submit Event” on your chapter’s webpage.
- Send short event recaps and event photos to program staff and follow up with more information as requested.
- Promptly responding to program questions and requests for information.
- Remain committed to our mission, remain non-political, and remain grounded in free-market ideas.
- Sign any supporting grant documents.
Using Your Funds
Domestic Chapters: AIER will reimburse a single contact (i.e. the chapter director and signer of the MOU) for chapter-related expenses. Itemized receipts or invoices must be submitted for reimbursement.
International Chapters: AIER cannot send funds to individuals in foreign countries, therefore you must either form a local non-profit (NGO) or partner with a local non-profit to receive grants on your behalf. Funds must be “restricted” to your chapter’s programming purposes only.
- Chapters are evaluated by programming staff in January and July of each year.
- Grants are dispersed the following month.
- Chapters may only qualify once per year.