Chapters in “good standing” qualify for funding to host local events and educational activities. Qualifying domestic chapters receive $3000 and international chapters receive $1500. These annual grants increase by $500 each consecutive year a chapter qualifies for funding (capped at $4500 for domestic chapters and $3000 for international chapters).
How to Qualify for Program Funding
To qualify for an annual grant, a chapter must be in “good standing” by remaining active and remain in close communication with program staff. Specifically, your chapter must:
- Host at least six (6) events in a 12-month period with at least 15 attendees per event.
- Maintain close contact with AIER and Program staff. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Notify event staff of all upcoming events via email at least two, or preferably, three weeks in advance.
- Send short event recaps and event photos to program staff and follow up with more information as requested.
- Promptly responding to program questions and requests for information.
- Remain committed to our mission, remain non-political, and remain grounded in free-market ideas.
- Sign any supporting grant documents.
Using Your Funds
Domestic Chapters: AIER will reimburse a single contact (i.e. the chapter director and signer of the MOU) for chapter-related expenses. Itemized receipts or invoices must be submitted for reimbursement.
International Chapters: AIER cannot send funds to individuals in foreign countries, therefore you must either form a local non-profit (NGO) or partner with a local non-profit to receive grants on your behalf. Funds must be “restricted” to your chapter’s programming purposes only.
- Chapters are evaluated by programming staff in January and July of each year.
- Grants are dispersed the following month.
- Chapters may only qualify once per year.